Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. From the vineyard to the glass, we are committed to minimizing our carbon emissions, and preserving and enhancing the natural environment.
Supporting nature and biodiversity through regenerative farming practices, wetland development and native tree planting creates a healthier, more resilient vineyard.
We actively measure, reduce and offset all of our emissions. We are targeting a 50% reduction in emissions by 2030, with the goal to become carbon positive by 2050.
- 20% of our annual energy requirements are provided by solar, wind and bale burning, with a view to increase this to 60% by 2024.
- 2/3 of our carbon footprint is linked to packaging and freight so we are shifting to lighter bottles, reducing cardboard and ink use, and utilizing more efficient shipping routes.
We have a long-term plan to support nature and increase biodiversity in the vineyard, creating a healthier, more resilient ecosystem through a number of nature positive initiatives.
- Increasing wetland areas to capture rainwater, with extensive native tree planting to prevent erosion and provide a safe environment for wildlife.
- Interrow planting to improve soil quality and provide a food source for insects, reducing the need for mowing.
- Waste product (pips, skins, stalks) is processed into nutrient dense compost at a purpose-built facility, adding valuable organic matter to the vineyards soil.
The Crossings is accredited by Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand, a New Zealand industry standard for sustainable winegrowing.
Members of the International Wineries for Climate Action (IWCA), with a commitment to reducing annual emissions by 5% in order to become Carbon Positive by 2050, in line with the United Nation’s Race to Zero campaign.
The Crossings range of wines are produced in Marlborough, New Zealand’s most prominent winemaking region. With vineyards located in the premium sub-regions of the Awatere Valley and Wairau Valley, our vines flourish under brilliant sunshine and cool coastal breezes. The Crossings signature Sauvignon Blanc showcases classic Marlborough hallmarks – distinct minerality and generous tropical fruit flavors, with a refreshing vibrancy in every glass. Discover the refreshing taste of crossing to the purest side of New Zealand with The Crossings range of sustainably grown, vegan-friendly wines.